Indictment of Citizen’s Movement Lawyer Ding Jiaxi – A Full Translation
Shangdong Province Linyi Municipal People’s Procuratorate
Lin Proc Dept One Crim Indictment  No. Z42
Defendant Ding Jiaxi (ä¸å®¶å) male, born March 2, 1973, Citizen ID number [REDACTED], ethnic Han, postgraduate education, former lawyer at Beijing Dehong Law Firm, currently unemployed, registered domicile and current address in [REDACTED]. Xu was sentenced to three years and six months in prison on April 18, 2014 by the Beijing Haidian Municipal District People’s Court for assembling a crowd to disturb the peace in a public place, and released on October 16, 2016. Le December 26, 2019, Ding was criminally detained by the Yantai Municipal Public Security Bureau, Shandong Province, on suspicion of inciting subversion of state power, and placed under residential surveillance at a designated location the next day. . On June 19, 2020, this procuratorate approved Ding’s formal arrest, and the arrest was carried out the same day by the Linyi Municipal Public Security Bureau.
After the investigation was completed, the Linyi Municipal Public Security Bureau [PSB] submitted the case to this prosecution for prosecution of charges of subversion of state power on January 19, 2021. Upon receipt of the case, on January 21, 2021, this prosecution notified the defendant of his right to hire lawyers defense, as well as the statutes relating to admitting guilt and accepting punishment. In accordance with the law, prosecutors questioned the accused, heard the opinions of defense lawyers and examined all the material in the case. On March 6 and May 21 respectively, the prosecution twice referred the case to the PSB for further investigation. On April 6 and June 21, 2021, respectively, the PSB resubmitted the case for prosecution following its further investigation. On February 19, May 6 and July 21, 2021 respectively, the time limit for examination and prosecution was extended by this prosecution on three occasions, each time by 15 days.
The examination in accordance with the law established:
From 2012 to 2013, out of dissatisfaction with our country’s socialist system and the Chinese Communist Party regime, the accused Ding Jiaxi, in collusion with Xu Zhiyong (sued separately) and others, founded and developed the illegal organization. “Movement of New Citizens” and carried out criminal activities. With the aim of overthrowing the current political system of our country, in 2017, after serving a prison term for gathering a crowd to disturb the peace in a public place, Ding Jiaxi, in collusion with Xu Zhiyong, founded the illegal organization “Citizens Movement” like its organizers. and officers, and recruited Wang Jiangsong, Zhang Zhongshun, Dai Zhenya, Chang Weiping (each treated separately) as key members. Ding circulated a large amount of incentive articles; organized trainings on the color revolution on ânon-violenceâ; operated the âChinese Citizens Movementâ website; held secret meetings of the illegal organization âCitizens Movementâ in Yantai and Xiamen, where they organized, planned and carried out criminal activities to overthrow state power and overthrow the socialist system, seriously endangering national security and social stability. The specifics are as follows:
1. From 2012 to 2013, the accused Ding Jiaxi, in collusion with Xu Zhiyong and others using communication applications, organized “citizens’ meal gatherings” and “same town meal gatherings” in Beijing, Xuzhou, Wuhan and other cities to recruit members for the “Movement of New Citizens” organization.
In 2017, the accused Ding Jiaxi, in collusion with Xu Zhiyong, continued to network with Wang Jiangsong, Liu Jiacai and other members of the illegal organization “New Citizens Movement” and visited Yantai, Xiamen and in other cities to connect with Zhang Zhongshun, Dai Zhenya, changing the âNew Citizens Movementâ to âCitizens Movementâ, creating the illegal organization âCitizens Movementâ and organizing, planning and executing a series of criminal activities to subvert state power.
2. In 2017, the accused Ding Jiaxi, agreed with Xu Zhiyong and Hua Ze, a member of a foreign organization, to jointly operate the âChina Citizen Movementâ website. funds for the operation of the website and has disseminated a large amount of incentive articles by Xu Zhiyong that promote ideas of subversion of state power.
3. In 2018, the accused Ding Jiaxi, in collusion with Xu Zhiyong, created a Telegram group for the illegal organization âCitizens Movementâ as a platform of the illegal organization for subversive activities. Ding Jiaxi and Wu Ming, a member of a foreign organization, were directors at different times, and around 20 key members, including Wang Jiangsong, Zhang Zhongshun, Dai Zhenya and Hua Ze, used Telegram to contact and communicate with each other; Ding Jiaxi and Xu Zhiyong also organized key members, using Zoom software, to organize illegal online meetings and training, and plan activities to subvert state power.
From 2018 to 2019, the accused Ding Jiaxi, in collusion with Xu Zhiyong, asked Hua Ze to organize regular trainings on the color revolution on “non-violence” using the Zoom software for members. of the illegal organization “Citizen Movement” in order to teach members the methods of “non-violence” “violent” color revolution in order to subvert state power.
4. On September 22 and 23, 2018, the accused Ding Jiaxi, in collusion with Xu Zhiyong, organized a secret meeting of 13 people, including Zhang Zhongshun, Chang Weiping, Wang Jiangsong and Wu Ming, at Zhang Zhongshun’s villa in Yinhe Yihai Tianyuewan. region, Gaoxin District, Yantai, Shandong Province, to organize and plan activities to overthrow state power. [During the meeting they] reviewed the lessons of the subversive activities of the “New Citizens Movement” and the “Citizens ‘Movement” so far, analyzed the issues facing the current “Citizens’ Movement” and called on members to infiltrate the grassroots communities to subvert state power by means of the “nonviolent” color revolution.
5. On December 7 and 8, 2019, the accused Ding Jiaxi, in collusion with Xu Zhiyong, organized a secret meeting of 20 people, including Zhang Zhongshun, Dai Zhenya, Wang Jiangsong, in the villa Naisi Home Party and Mohe House, Jimei district, Xiamen. city, Fujian Province, with Wu Ming and Liu Shuqing present via an online connection. Ding Jiaxi and Xu Zhiyong summarized the activities of the illegal organization âCitizens Movementâ in 2019, proposed business plans for 2020. They discussed topics such as organizational development, opposition to government, fundraising and social transition. They identified forms, methods and objectives of subversion of state power, namely the infiltration of grassroots communities, the pursuit of grassroots power and the development of so-called âcommunity groups of citizensâ. and âa national community of citizensâ through âcommunity groups of citizensâ âa color revolution to eventually overthrow state power.
These facts were established on the basis of the following evidence:
1. Physical evidence: laptops, USB sticks, etc. ; 2. Evidence from books and articles: âPeople’s Countryâ, âA Proposal to Citizens: Seek Candidacy in 2021 Electionsâ, âNon-violenceâ and âA Beautiful Chinaâ, and other articles, registration form receipt of cases, criminal verdict, etc .; 3. Testimonies of witnesses: testimonies of witnesses Wang Jiangsong, Zhang Zhongshun and others; 4. Confessions and arguments of the defense of the accused: the confessions and arguments of the defense of the accused Ding Jiaxi; 5. Medico-legal opinions: medico-legal opinions, etc. ; 6. Fact-checking, reviewing and verifying interrogation transcripts: remote fact-checking of interrogation transcripts, review of interrogation transcripts and verification of interrogation transcripts; 7. Video and audio equipment: surveillance videos, etc.
This prosecution considers that the accused Ding Jiaxi organized, planned and carried out the subversion of state power and the overthrow of the socialist system, and his actions violate the provisions of article 105, section 1, of the law. criminal law of the Republic of China people and he should be held criminally responsible for the crime of subversion of state power, because the criminal facts are clear and the evidence is reliable and sufficient. Since the accused Ding Jiaxi is a repeat offender, he should be punished in accordance with the provisions of Section 1, Article 65 of the Criminal Procedure Law of the People’s Republic of China. In accordance with Article 176 of the Criminal Procedure Law of the People’s Republic of China, [the prosecutors] hereby issue this indictment and request a sanction in accordance with the law.
Linyi Municipal Intermediate People’s Court, Shandong Province
Prosecutors: Tang Changzhi (è° é¿ å¿)
Li Tao (ææ¶)
Huang Zheng (é» æ¿)
Deputy Prosecutor: Meng Li (åä¸½)
August 5, 2021
Shangdong Province Linyi Municipal People’s Procuratorate
- Accused Ding Jiaxi is currently detained in Linshu County Detention Center, Shandong Province;
- 51 file volumes, 36 DVD discs;
- A copy of the list of witnesses (expert witnesses).
(All redactions, brackets and links are added by the China Change translator.)
Indictment of Citizen’s Movement Advocate Xu Zhiyong – A Full Translation, October 6, 2021.
Advocates of the citizens’ movement Xu Zhiyong and Ding Jiaxi indicted with subversion on rare and slanderous “evidence”, China Change, September 25, 2021.
From successful lawyer to civil rights activist – An exclusive interview with Ding Jiaxi, March 19, 2020.